The Osney Benefice may change this policy from time to time by updating the relevant page on the website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 17 August 2016.
Who We Are
We are the Osney Benefice, four churches based in West Oxford (Sts Peter and Paul, St Lawrence, St Frideswide and St Margaret) within the Church of England (Osney Benefice, we, us, our).
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as amended) and other applicable privacy laws.
We regard the fair and lawful treatment of personal data as very important to the maintenance of confidence between you and us.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
When you access or browse the web site or otherwise deal with us, we may collect certain information from you, including:
- your name;
- your address;
- your phone and email details.
We may use your personal data:
- to send you email newsletters and other emails relating to activities in the Osney Benefice;
- to claim Gift Aid;
- to monitor customer use of the web site on an anonymous basis to identify general trends and to understand better our visitors’ behaviours; and
- to investigate, respond to and comply with any legal, regulatory and similar requests in relation to the Osney Benefice.
We will not sell or share your information with a third party (other than HMRC) unless you consent to this.
When a search is performed, the web site may use a small number of cookies during each visit, some of which may be stored permanently on your computer. A standard acceptance dialogue box will appear on the site, and your acceptance here will constitute acceptance of receipt of the cookies.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to payment of a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on email@example.com.