Here can be found sermons given at services at St Margaret's church in Binsey.
- 22 January. The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who lived in a land of deep darkness - on them light has shined.
- 26 February. While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud overshadowed them. And from the cloud a voice said, 'This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!' When the disciples heard this, they fell to the ground and were overcome by fear. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, 'Get up and do not be afraid.'
- 26 March (2 sermons: morning and evening). (1) The earth lies polluted under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. (2) He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels waited on him.
- 9 April. Now will I sing to my well-beloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My well-beloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill.
- 16 April. Jesus said to her, ‘Do not hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, “I am ascending to my Father, and to your Father, to my God and your God.”’.
- 23 April (2 sermons: morning and evening). (1) Jesus said to him, ‘Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.’ (2) My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
- 30 April. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
- 7 May. So again Jesus said to them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep...Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture’
- 14 May. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.
- 28 May. He has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
- 4 June. Do not fear, O soil; be glad and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things! Do not fear, you animals of the field, for the pastures of the wilderness are green; the tree bears its fruit, the fig tree and the vine, give their full yield.
- 11 June. Then said I. 'Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.'
- 24 January. The law of the Lord is perfect and revives the soul.
- 28 February. Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
- 27 March. The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give water in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
- 3 April. O send out of thy holy heaven, and from the throne of thy glory, that being present she may labour with me, that I may know what is pleasing unto thee. For she knoweth and understandeth all things, and she shall lead me soberly in my doings, and preserve me in her power.
- 10 April. I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, though they die, will live.
- 24 April. Praise the Lord from the earth, you sea monsters and all deeps; Fire and hail, snow and fog, tempestuous wind, doing his will; Mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars; Wild beasts and all cattle, creeping things and winged birds.
- 1 May. We plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land, but it is fed and watered by God’s almighty hand.
- 8 May. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it ? Ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God besideme? Yea, there is no God: I know not one.
- 22 May. The Lord created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of long ago.
- 5 June. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
- 12 June. And he said unto them. Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed and not to be set on a candlestick?
- 26 June. For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, 'You shall love your neighbour as yourself.' If, however, you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.
- 10 July. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
- 17 July. Even unto this present hour we both hunger and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place.
- 31 July. And Joseph said unto them, Fear not.
- 7 August. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
- 14 August. The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
- 21 August. And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you; for the Lord is a God of judgement: blessed are all that wait for him.
- 11 September. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
- 16 October. Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise to the assembly of the faithful.
- 27 November. He shall judge between the nations, and shall arbitrate for many peoples; they shall beat their sword into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- 25 December. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.